Pages

Sunday, March 6, 2016

Island Park

We spent part of the weekend up in Island Park in a cabin with some friends. It snowed a ton and felt kinda magical except for the fact that we only stayed one night because Charly needs to be at church for his calling, Eliza slept maybe two hours straight on her own, we forgot our snowmobiling helmets, and the night we got back was when Eliza spiked that fever. Still, though, we enjoyed ourselves. The fact that everyone took over a meal meant only having to make/clean up after one meal and be served four. And that was pretty nice, along with cozying up on the couch while the snow fell softly outside.

We cuddled with her in the morning, trying not to wake the other 11ish people there, until it got light enough. Then we ventured outside in the upstairs living room where Eliza was very much loved...


The people that were pregnant/ had kids stayed in the four bedrooms upstairs and the couples who were sans babies or babies to-be slept, I'm sure much better than any of us, on couches and air mattresses downstairs.


That is the exact definition of a winter wonderland, which called for 100+ family fail selfies and then Eliza catching some air.


If I had known the photos were gonna turn out this good, I would have taken my real camera. Also, side note: when making the drive, in the dark up here I ate a bag full of chocolate covered almonds. Some of which, fell between my legs and melted everywhere, and of which I didn't notice until I changed and was like, "oh, huh, how long have I been walking around with brown goop all over my butt for?" After lunch I took a nap and Eliza uncharacteristically napped on Charly in the middle of a room with at least 3-4 other talking people in it. Little did we know what was to come...(see, waking up murder-screaming with full body trembles at 2am because the tylenol wore off and her fever spiked again). It was the beginning of her body fighting off a horrible cold and we were glad we headed home earlier than everyone else so that when it did really hit her hard we were in the comfort of our own home.


And that was that.

No comments:

Post a Comment