Pages

Sunday, March 6, 2016

Fallcreek Falls, ID

Charly and I have seen these falls about as many times as I've seen Disneyworld. That is, if you didn't know, enough times for them to lose their magic...in the summer. Or fall. Or spring. However, I had yet to see them in the winter- during a time where you can hike around to the front of them and in which I had seen beautiful photos of the falls frozen over. Realistically it was way too warm for them to be frozen like that and it turned out to be a surprisingly awful trek with flats and clothes that left a gap between where my fleece leggings ended and my socks began. The trip is best surmised like this:

The road was: there'll be a sign saying I'm closed so you'll park far away even though I'm really wide open.

The snow was: you'll think I'm stable but every third step your leg, and bare ankle, will sink two feet into me.

And the the trail was: Here I am, here I'm not. Oh, you though you could cut through the brush so that you could cut me in half? I'll kill you. I will also steal your lens cap to your strapless camera before you make the climb up the slippery hill while also trying to hold a baby.

Still, though, it was worth the trip, and I'm sure the many more we'll make to those falls over the course of our lifetime.









Selfie game still going strong.






That is the hill that I took to get back to the car and it was horrible yet totally worth not hiking through that more horrible snow. As well as a victory selfie when we got to the top, followed by letting Eliza lick the snow to reward her for being so chill the entire time.








I mean, maybe I misspoke just a little. They are pretty great to look at, especially for something that's just off the side of the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment