Pages

Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Cross Country Skiing, Harriman Park

You guys. I think this could be my winter sport. All the logistics-able to do it with a baby, on your own or with a partner, you can five minutes from your house or five hours, and such and such- line up. Also, the cost. No $70 day passes for potentially horrible snow or the pressure to make your season pass worthwhile along with the fact that it is a dang good workout.

My parents made a spur of the moment trip to Idaho and we went on a nice Saturday up to Harriman Park. Since I still have zero flexibility in my hips I fell, a lot, but it was still such a good time. There were swans and blankets of untouched snow and all that magic stuff//Eliza loved, and I mean LOVED eating the snow. This actually happened the week before I went to Fallcreek Falls, and is where she really got her first taste of it as well as a little snow slide down a 3 foot bank we'd catch her at the end of.

Aside from skiing, when they were here we did a lot of other fun things, like going grocery shopping with my dad which is a fun tradition we have and the fact that other people giving Em attention allowed me to create a few embroidery pieces for friends. Charly and I showed my parents some good places to eat that they hadn't been to before and Eliza got a lot of lovin' along with a first taste of going four wheeling in the truck.

No comments:

Post a Comment