Pages

Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Little Fun Days

So I'm not sure where to begin. Spring is officially here. I'm thinking it will be here for a good three weeks before it's summer and we are transitioning into warmer climate sports now (coming back days later to edit this, I feel foolish that I forgot that it's only April and will snow again...like it did yesterday:)). Days are spent at the crag and I'm leading pretty well now-but I won't believe it quite yet because I don't wanna jinx it-and another thing I'm not quite sure I wanna believe or not is that my exercise-induced asthma has up and walked away. I asked Chuck's dad/doctor and he said it happens sometimes. It's an amazing feeling, I had no idea how much it was holding me back! Things that I would have never done before are happening everyday. I must have tried to bike the pole line route half a dozen times and never made it. Last week I did it without a single break and was so surprised when we got to the end of the road. I was just like "Wait, that's it?!" I've started doing things- running "R" mountain and cycling with people that I would normally be nervous to go out with because of my asthma and I've felt a burn in my legs that I've never felt before because I was never able to push myself so hard. My asthma would always make me slow down or completely stop my workout before I could get to that point of intensity.

Needless to say, if it keeps up, Chuck and I have some big things planned.

Anyways, back to it being summer. I haven't kept up with the updates because things just keep happening and I keep thinking "I'll wait to blog because I want to include that," and now there's so much that I'll just throw in a few short lines and photos.

>Charly went on his last snowmobile ride of the season. He went up with some friends for a long ride near the Palisades lakes. His face says it all in this photo.
>People hunching around computer screens to scroll through topo maps of Idaho is something that is happening a lot more often as we plan our next adventures. It's kind of blown out, but I'm pretty sure Charly and his dad are scoping out Ship Lake and the Sawtooths right here. I was never a map person (sorry, dad) until now.

>Chuck and I took the long way to Driggs and listened to General Conference on the way there and back. We ate at a little sandwich shop that put a quality amount of avocado on mine, making it a pass in my book.



>Shae snapped this pic of me leading Bicycle Thief, I sent it the next day. It was a good feeling as it was the first route I ever climbed at Pointless and I led/sent it on my first try. Then I got all scaredy cat and couldn't do it anymore, so the easy send felt pretty awesome.



>This is our bike route last week. It's a little hard to read because it overlaps in some places. I know it's actually pretty slow for a lot of people *ahem*, TNR riders:), but it was dang good for me. Especially since it was hills, my first ride of the season, and I know I'm only going to get stronger. So good.

>We are enjoying moving from nursery to sunbeams right as the new year happened. We have all the same kids and I have really loved seeing them grow from eighteen months to four years old. They, however, were not impressed by this butterfly Chuck drew. It was his second attempt and he even used a picture off his phone. I couldn't help but laugh when the kids chirped in with: "That's not a butterfly!" The funny thing is is that it's actually a lot more realistic than the drawings we usually give kids.


>I think Charly has made it to every TNR this year. The group size changes but has become pretty large- around thirty people sometimes. Shae and Dan go on them too so I threw a dinner party afterwards last time. I started making this quinoa mix and I thought I would be sick of it by now but no, I still crave it(you can't see it very well with the bowl covered to keep it warm as it sets). Add a little strawberry kale salad to the table that Shae made and some protein mix and you are set for the perfect after ride dinner.

Despite the feeling that I'm just starting to realize how little control we have in our lives, I am pretty "happy happy happy." Well, and despite the summer anxiety I get at the beginning of every year that feels sort of like a "I want to do so much but I know I won't be able to do it all and oh my gosh I need to do it aaall." Anyways, that's the jist of our day to day. There are a lot of ideas and plans we are cookin' up, but it's like I told Erin last night- this planning and planning for so many things that don't work out or get so many hiccups must just be adult life.

No comments:

Post a Comment