Pages

Sunday, November 25, 2018

Asheville, North Carolina


When we originally decided to go up to North Carolina for my cousin's wedding, we had all these great plans of mountain biking, exploring Pisgah national park, and hiking around. I have wanted wanted to see those areas for years, and it seemed too good to be true that everything was lining up so perfectly. My dad was going to drive our bikes up ahead of time, and we would fly since Charly couldn't take too much time off work. Then the hurricane clean up started in Panama city and my doctor told me not to exercise at that exact time, so we ditched our original plans and decided to just have an easy weekend. We did some short, easy hikes, enjoyed a local cafe with amazing food, and watched Eliza be the sweetest flower girl in Sara's wedding. The leaves were turning and it was perfect fall weather the entire time, even when the fog was thick and the air was drizzly. So opposite of Florida or Idaho.


Charly, my dad, and Em took one day to drive over and see Charly's brother, James, and his two kids. They also hiked a little bit, on what I think was the CDT.


Eliza enjoyed this jump places at the mall that bounced her 20 feet up in the air with a harness on. The guy doing it was so suprised when he asked her age and we told him she was three. He said he had never had a kid that young do it, or at least not be scared. Em LOVED it. Not as much as being a flower girl, though. That was the highlight of the trip for her and maybe even her life so far. She enjoyed it so much, to an almost confusing point haha.


I can't believe I didn't get any great photos of the bride! After the wedding ceremony they went and took pictures with the professional photographer and then we ate dinner and by then it was so dark and time to leave. I did take my nice camera on some of the hikes, though. there are so many photos already I think I'll post those on a separate one for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment