Pages

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

End of the Semester Weekends and Goodbyes

This semester evolved into the busiest stress inducing all A's one I've ever had and then ended on July 18, 2013. It is the second to last semester I will ever have to take at BYU-I, and I thrived in all of my classes. I even received a surprisingly good critique from Craig Law. He taught two of my professors when they were in school and I got to attend a small get together to look at his work/share mine. I believe his exact words were "she's really finding her way around the view camera" to Brother Atkinson, and then (of course) some helpful criticism.

I spent the end of the semester weekend with friends climbing at Arcane. I must have spent an hour and a half on one route and still find myself apologizing for the long neck breaking belay. That crag is something fierce, I tell ya. It breathes a whole something else than any other crag I've worked in Idaho. It also breaths a rocky gritty layer of limestone that brushes off everywhere-your eyes, hair, mouth. Needless to say it needs some cleaning up and isn't for the beginners or wimpy top ropers. Lead falls everywhere!
    




 
Jedd and Katie Mumm (who is the most inspiring pregnant women on the planet) gave us that mat that folds out more from their adventures in Thailand. Seriously, though, I've been white water rafting, cliff jumping, and mountain biking with her all while pregnant and she is the one pushing me. I hope to be like that when I have a baby, but I'm also fully prepared to be puking my guts out every day.

That was my Saturday. Here was Charly's Saturday:

He hiked the South with two of his brothers, Daniel and Joe, and father. From what I hear, the trip was filled with story telling and probably a lot of man bonding time. Honestly, I'm not sure what I would have done if Erin wasn't there to save me and go to the Arcane party with me. Last time Charly hiked a mountain it was the Grand and most definitely the worst day of summer for me. The sixteen hour hike turned into twenty two first of all, and second of all, I had noone to do anything with the whole day. When Heather and Dean told me they were at a funeral and thought about inviting me jokingly the next day, my inital inside response was "I WOULD HAVE TOTALLY GONE." You know your life has reach a pivotal moment when you find yourself excited to go to a strangers funeral because you have literally nothing else going on in your life. Plus, I'm not the most *ahem* calm person. I get just a little nervous when Charly does these things without me.

We spent Sunday recuperating from raw fingers and sore thighs. Then Monday Erin and I did all sorts of things that mostly I won't mention. But, essentially, long bike rides around town talking about everything. I forget how relieving it is to say: "You know, this is gonna sound weird, but I do this (explanation of weird thing)" and then: "Me too! I thought I was the only one!"

No comments:

Post a Comment