Pages

Monday, August 19, 2013

A Picture I Did Not Take

Our (Charly and I) flushed faces as our black road bike tires glided down the road towards Ririe.

The high five that took a couple tries to get while riding as we headed back home.

How sweet and cool the chlorinated pool felt and the taste of salt when one licked their lips...

It was a sweaty, hot hot ride, that we took on Saturday. One hour, ten minutes, and a couple of seconds later we had gone nearly twenty miles. Ok, ok, more like nineteen and a little over. The water in our bottles turned a muggy warm but I didn't care as each sip lessened the strain of dry air on my throat. Charly pushed me to go harder and faster and when we rolled into our garage after the ride, it was all I could do to slip into a teal striped swimsuit and fall into the pool. "I'm not even going to bring a towel," Charly said. So we air dried as we walked back home, which is only a few minutes away. If it were any other sport, the weather would have made it too hot to proceed. However, at twenty miles an hour, the wind cools you just enough to make it through the weather. When we stopped at the turning point at Big Judd's, I felt the heat. "It's like a sauna," I told Chuck, and we didn't even take a break. Just traded water bottles (his had more and I was going through mine way too fast), and got back on our bikes and headed home.

No photos, just shaky legs, numb left hands, and black chain imprints up and down my right calf from turning my bike around.

No comments:

Post a Comment