Pages

Friday, May 31, 2013

Palisades Lake Day Two

After some convincing and morning fishing where the fish were biting like crazy, we hiked up to the two waterfalls that were there. I should probably note that I am not able to read a map for the life of me, and what I thought was a four mile hike turned out to be nine. Probably the hardest part of the whole trip just because I kept thinking "we'll be there any second, just after this switchback we'll be there," and we weren't for miles and miles. That ramen we ate at the top of the falls never tasted so good. You know you've had a rough day when ramen is the cream of the crop meal. When we finally got back to camp it was time to relax, eat, and fish some more. Not me, I don't fish, but the others. That goes without saying.
 photo Palisades17_blog_zps34266f60.jpg  photo Palisades29_blog_zpsd4816889.jpg  photo Palisades28_blog_zpsb00be72b.jpg  photo Palisades26_blog_zpsfe581643.jpg  photo Palisades25_blog_zpsd08891e0.jpg  photo Palisades24_blog_zpsf5ada959.jpg  photo Palisades22_blog_zps90f5f000.jpg  photo Palisades21_blog_zpsf788aa7f.jpg
This stuff was everywhere- there seas of it, and when I got up to pee in the middle of the night my leg grazed it and broke out in a rash. Curse you stinging nettle!
 photo Palisades20_blog_zps03064b5b.jpg  photo Palisades19_blog_zpsbe45cee5.jpg
These meals are surprisingly good. Try the lasagna one first.
 photo Palisades18_blog_zps3f4e1277.jpg
There were quite a few deer roaming camp the second night.
 photo Palisades16_blog_zps2c6670c8.jpg
This stuff was everywhere to and is referred to as Indian toilet paper...and works amazing...because, you know, I just had to try it.
 photo Palisades15_blog_zps2172debc.jpg

There were so many photos I took, but I didn't have the ambition to post them all. I don't even think I posted very good photos of the falls. Maybe I'll have to come back after I get everyone's camera phones and post them.

No comments:

Post a Comment