Pages

Saturday, December 9, 2017

Marathon Key, Florida


Some post hurricane, off season dates got us some good rates on a cabana over looking the ocean in the Keys. We stayed in Marathon key, and the first real day there everyone (Kyle, my parents, and Charles) went deep sea fishing while I stayed back to watch Em. The second day we took a day trip to Key West to go snorkeling, and the third and last day we rented jet skis in the morning before heading home. I enjoyed being able to step off the patio to work out in the sand in the morning, as well as the fact that the jet skis were right outside our cabana as well- it made it so convenient to run back and grab stuff, or take a quick shower while we traded off watching Eliza, and therefore so much more relaxing. Even though the pina coladas we got at the tiki hut nearby weren't the greatest, I still enjoyed sipping them while on a beach chair in the cooler weather.


Other cool things: I saw so many cool fish while snorkeling in Key West, but the lion fish I found was one of my favorites. We also stopped by an aquarium that day and the southern most point. I enjoyed driving around Key West- for the most par, the Keys in general looked untouched by the recent hurricanes- but Key West just had a certain charm about it.


After everyone got back from deep sea fishing, we took the fish they caught to this restaurant where they cooked them up for us. I don't like fish, but some of them weren't that bad with enough seasoning on top. I also jet ski'd by myself for the first time and it was so much better than riding double, which I absolutely hate! Also, there were tons of iguanas of all different shapes and sizes at our resort, Eliza loved finding the baby ones and pointing out the "baby lizards."


Last thing: on our way home we stopped by a cuban restaurant and got some good sandwiches and these chip fry things that Eliza loved to eat. We are already planning a trip back in December, although I think Em and I might hang back for that one since it's going to be a shorter stay with the majority of the time spent fishing.


No comments:

Post a Comment