Pages

Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Mackay Campgrounds and Idaho Tidbits



For this year's Hill family campground we made our home base a cabin in Mackay, ID. It was a good location to then drive to other places for daily activities, and it was our first time in a cabin which was suuuper nice. Not everyone fit in the cabin for sleeping, but everyone did for bathrooms/ kitchen prep, etc. I always enjoy looking back on camp setups for who knows why, so here's a few photos to remember that.


Our three weeks in Idaho went like this: Eclipse campout, Mackay Campout, Charly goes back to work for a week in Florida and Kristin stays back to do fun things with Eliza like get a cold and then sinus infection, but also see friends and go shopping, Charly comes back, we see more friends and family, go to the state fair, hike the Grand, then come home to hurricane Irma. It was lovely and exhausting and reenergizing at the same time, and we are ready to get back in the groove of things.


There was this time, when I was flying solo with Em and letting her play in the shower by herself in Idaho, when I heard her start to whine and act up. I immediately went into the bathroom to find out that she could reach the temp gauge in this shower and had turned it to hot! It wasn't scald your face off hot, but she was pressed up in the corner of the shower up on the tip toes of one foot. I barely had time to move forward to get her out, and before I know it her foot slips! Despite the fact that I ripped open the curtain shower and dove, fully dressed, hair just blow dried, in, her body still slid down the bathtub wall and onto the floor where the hot water hit her right in the face. I scooped that traumatized baby up so fast, wrapped her in a towel, and eventually rocked her back to her usual self but man was she not happy.

^^smelling all the flowers haha

Another, more amusing thing, was how in love with rocks Eliza has become! She fills her pockets and purses with them, sticks them in our pockets, and is constantly putting them in her mouth. She's like 2.5 and fully grew out of that stage but suddenly, everything goes in the mouth now! Whenever I try to drag her away she yells "pick a rock, pick a rock," and I have muster all my strength and agility as I bend over with a thrashing 25 pound weight as said weight chooses a rock while hanging in the air. Basically, I love my child enough to sacrifice my body for her happiness.

The thing about raising kids though, is that oftentimes the things that are so frustrating about raising them are the things you fall in love with the most, and I think it might be time to change our mulch bed to a rock bed;).




No comments:

Post a Comment