Pages

Thursday, September 1, 2016

String Lake and Buck Mnt, WY

Charly hiked Buck Mountain with some friends up in the Tetons, and I did the same thing where I woke up a little later and drove up there to do a hike myself. This time Molly and her toddler Ari came with me which made it 10x better. Not that the first time wasn't good, but it is just so much work driving in a car for 4 hours, getting on a boat 2 times and going on a hike with a toddler. This time I could actually use the restroom with out telling Eliza, who doesn't really understand English, not to touch anything in the outhouse. We did String Lake on a whim and it panned out perfectly. When we ended the hike we let Ari and Em play in the lake water and all of a sudden this deer came running through the trees and out into the water to cross the lake. It was seriously so close that when I heard something crash into the water I was sure it had to be a dog because no way would a wild animal come that close. We also saw the happiest, slightly crazed, coyote running down the bike path on our drive into the park. We were so stoked we turned around the car to pass it again and get a better look.


Meanwhile, Charly made the summit on Buck...

No comments:

Post a Comment