Pages

Sunday, November 16, 2014

Yup.



Charles and I are expecting a baby girl come April 1st (fools day). I am almost 21 weeks and as the reality of it all is setting in we are getting more and more thrilled! That makes it sound like we weren't at first, we were, but it just doesn't really hit you that this is happening until later and the first three months did not go smoothly for us.



Unfortunately I got a stomach infection that they didn't want to cure with the triple course of antibiotics needed for the entire first trimester and I experienced probably one of the most physically challenging trials of my life. By the end of it we are talking showers sitting down that require a two hour rest afterwards, literally no REM sleep for months, and a whole lot of pain. I lost a bit of weight but was spared from morning sickness during the first tri- so that, along with a deeper appreciation of the priesthood and the fact that this shouldn't happen in any of my other pregnancies really is something we are grateful for. I don't know if I would have made it without so many blessings from Charly, most in the middle of the night. Usually I am a one Priesthood blessing per a trial kind of girl, but holy cow, was this ever more than I could even imagined concerning what a "rough pregnancy" would be like. After a four month "white rice diet," an ER visit, and a lot of medications which put me through the ringer, (all on doctors orders) I am starting to feel back to normal. Baby girl is measuring right on schedule and, as of today, I am officially back to my pre-pregancy weight. Hoorah!


No comments:

Post a Comment