Pages

Sunday, November 16, 2014

Satellite Beach, FL

A couple of months ago, one week after our camping trip, Charly and I headed to Florida to visit family and play in the sun. I was put on some heavier duty medication right before we left to help the pain since I still hadn't reached the second trimester yet and it worked really well for about a week but kind of petered out at the end. It did allow us to have a good time by managing the pain, just one with a lot of naps and a slower pace. Neither Charly nor I took a single photo, but I just wanted to jot down a few of my favorite memories so I don't forget them because it was a really, really, good trip- upon returning from I had one of the best sandwiches in my entire life in an airport I don't know if I'll ever be in again. I mean, I still crave another one of them. Anyways, here are the highlights:

  • We went to Discovery Cove for the day, a resort type place where my brother works. There was some pretty amazing snorkeling and I'm glad the cold water didn't deter me- you could touch the manta rays and swim right up to the glass that separated you from the sharks. The rest of the areas with water and no fish were heated.
  • Da'kine Diegos, Publix subs, and Long Doggers. You guys, I just need more of it in my life. Plus there is just an outdoor-by-the-ocean restaurant vibe that speaks to my soul and doesn't exist in Rexburg.
  • There was a day when Chuck and I tried to catch some waves but the surf was horrible (the waves were too big and chunky for us) and we just ended up swimming in the ocean for hours. We did about everything imaginable when the waves came- letting the force of the water make us do somersaults, trying not to get knocked over on Charly's shoulders, and so on all while nearly laughing to death.
  • We went boating and Chuck and I jumped on the inner tube. Since I was pretty sick I made the rule that the boat couldn't take us near any speeds that wouldn't allow me to be hands free and I guess it piked some dolphin's interest because as we jutted along a pod came up with in ten feet of our tube. 
  • Lunch with my two grandmothers- I love anytime I get to spend with them.
  • Kayaking at night since the water was doing that green glow thing.
  • Just floating in our pool which was 84 degrees, and in me and my dad's opinion could have been one degree warmer (you should be able to hear Charly scoffing now), but was perfect for just lazing around in.
  • Watching The Giver in theaters and then afterwards buying a couple of books to read the last two days of our stay. The Giver is one of my favorite books, along with Fahrenheit 451and The Importance of being Earnest (but that's technically a play), so I loved the movie which was pretty similar to the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment