Pages

Saturday, November 10, 2012

Play Day: First Shred Day of the Year

It's that time folks, the time where white specks of love flutter to the ground. They may have only stuck for a few days, but those few days brought the first shred day of the year up at the Jackson pass a couple of weeks ago. Jake and I took three runs and Joe and Charly took four. It was my first time out in the backcountry and I just wasn't sure if I could hack it. So unsure, in fact, that I had passed up a few times to hike last year. All that training on bleachers kicked in though and I'm a little proud to say I wasn't too far behind everyone.

Even though the snow was tracked and there were rocks hidden under it, only Joe took a hit to his board. With it being his old board though, I'd say it was a stokable first day for everyone and well worth the early morning drive. I mean, I was rusty, but no amount of rustiness can take away from the first time you forget to zip up your jacket all the way after the hot hike and take a bucket of snow to your chest. Down my first layer went and Charly says he could see the cold shock on my face when I lifted my head up from the snow from the bottom of the mountain. It was that cold feeling that tells you where you belong in life.
Photobucket
Maple bars to start the day off.
Photobucket
First run.
Photobucket Second run.
Photobucket
Third run.

No comments:

Post a Comment