Pages

Saturday, May 30, 2015

Memorial Weekend

We went to support the opening of 7n ranch but unfortunately it rained us out last Saturday and Monday Charly and I spent the day in Blackfoot. I sewed Eliza some skirts and headbands, Chuck helped his dad around the house, and afterwards the Youngs came over and we grilled some burgers. We were gonna go to Lava with a group of friends but decided to take it easy since Eliza is getting over her first cold. Also, I set up a place to take photos of her outside on the patio...on our grill haha. Chuck came home for lunch on Friday and was all, "what've you been up to, grilling babies??"

Anyways, despite the fact that Chuck only got to take one soggy run and I didn't ride at all, bundling up with Eliza, talking with friends and family, and having a slow memorial weekend felt so good. Having a baby slows you down, and even though Eliza is starting to sleep six hours here and there at night I think it will be another month before we start to feel at all rested.

Eliza woke up hungry in that last photo and kept try to lean forward because of it. Poor thing, didn't quite realize dad doesn't have what she's lookin' for;)

Also, last week she got her first round of shots and I had no idea it could be so rough on them. I knew she'd be unhappy when it happened, but after we got home I gave her a warm bath, massaged her legs, and then put her down for a nap. All was good until a few hours later she woke up and was. not. happy. My visiting teachers came over for like a minute before leaving and then I tried just about everything to get her calmed down, which included another bath and ended with me cuddling her naked in a towel for an hour. Glad she didn't pee on me because there was definitely no way I could get a diaper on her without it hurting her. I had to wait for Charly to come home and slip one on her while I held her on the couch.



No comments:

Post a Comment