Pages

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

The Fins, ID

A few of us went up to the Fins last week. I really, really, love that place. It's become busier since Jonathan Siegrist went up there and set the hardest route in Idaho up there (14d). It's world class rock with a steep hike to get there but the climbing is my style- crimps and pockets that are extremely sharp and technical...it just needs a little bit more of an overhang though. We got on an unnamed route, a route I don't know the name of, and Yellow Man (of course).











I'm still nursing my gimp legs back to health so I left the nice camera at home and just used my phone to make the hiking easier. If you can't tell, the Fins are called the "Fins" because of how the rock comes out of the ground in tall skinny flakes looking like...you know, fins.

No comments:

Post a Comment