Pages

Monday, August 22, 2016

Satellite Beach, Florida

We took our trip to Florida a little early this year for various reasons and I'm so glad we did. Watching Eliza soak up the beach, swimming, and going boating, all made for some really good memories but it was also a pretty stressful trip for other various reasons. There was one evening we went for a walk on the beach and just watched Eliza have a ball running up and down the shoreline and it's one of my favorite memories so far- the amazing part is that as we were headed back she ran up to me, half soaked in water and sand, and demanded to be held by me, and only me, because she was SO TIRED. I mean, this is the first time we've hit that point. She goes and goes and usually it's us pulling her out of the water, ending the walks, leaving the playground so we can take a break. This was the first time she was like "I'm done! My little legs can't go any further!" and it was kind of amazing and sweet how she wanted me and not even dad. (Initially I was trying real hard to get her to go to dad since it's really hard for me to carry her and walk where I'm still recovering from surgery).




No comments:

Post a Comment