Pages

Thursday, January 1, 2015

Saying Hello to 2015

Happy New Year!
and
Merry Late Christmas!


We spent Christmas in Blackfoot this year where we woke up to white blankets of snow on the ground. It was beautiful, cold, and made all the better with the slippers Charly's mom made me for Christmas. Then we spent new year's eve with a group of other couples who started out being Charly's friends from high school and then grew over the years as wives and children were added. We ate empanadas with ahi among other things and it was so, so good. Sean's wife, Dianne, and her family come from Colombia so anytime she's cooking we know it's gonna be good. Then we headed home a bit early, Charly packed and loaded his sled for another day on the snow (he went up to Targhee the day after Christmas with his dad and brothers and got to use his split board on a powder day last Monday for the first time), and we rang in the new year in our onesies watching a few videos on youtube to give us a laugh before going to sleep.

The rest of winter will probably be a flurry of us getting ready for the baby and me reading books in the lodge while Charly shreds at Targhee on the weekend. The two Saturdays before Christmas we did that and so far I am loving "Looking for Alaska" by John Greene. I try not to let myself read ahead unless I'm up there though because I would make us broke buying books if I did... although we did just buy the Lord of the Rings trilogy so I think I should be set for a little while.

So here's to 2015, for accomplishing the goals we set in 2014, and for surviving the first year of parenthood as ours for the next!

No comments:

Post a Comment